MIA’s Children’s Project Coordinator works with unaccompanied children (UCs) housed in Nashville and Smyrna, Tennessee. Qualified candidates must be fluent in English and Spanish, with excellent interpretation and translation skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting Know Your Rights presentations and legal screenings with UCs at Bethany Christian Services (BCS) in Nashville and Smyrna.
- Coordinating legal visits to BCS with attorneys.
- Communicating with Spanish-speaking clients by phone, including client intake.
- Coordinating client appointments.
- Assisting in client interviews with interpretation or other support as needed.
- Translating Spanish-language documents.
- Sending correspondence to clients (copies of notices, biometrics appointments, or other enclosures as needed).
- Assisting attorneys in opening, closing, and maintaining files as needed, including filing.
- Tracking time for work done on “billable” cases or projects.
- Completing immigration forms or applications under supervision of staff attorneys.
- Provide case updates in spreadsheet for regular case reviews.
- Participate in regular project-specific case reviews.
- Entering data into database software and checking to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- English and Spanish fluency required, with excellent interpretation and translation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, advocacy, computer, and organizational skills required.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, compassionate, and have an interest in immigration law.
- Experience with administrative work or immigration law is preferred, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and personal transportation. (Position will require some local and regional travel.)
SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS
$38,000 – $43,000/year, with increases dependent upon performance and budgetary constraints.
MIA offers paid time off, health insurance, disability insurance, and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a letter of interest and résumé to by September 15, 2021. Mid-South Immigration Advocates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.